Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Random Thoughts Episode III

For sure you've read it already. Last Saturday was a bummer when all my supposed original Random Thoughts Episode III entry got trashed.

******************

Part of my Saturday routine after leaving the office and going home is dropping by the mall. I'm in the Makati area that's why I have access to quite a number of cool stores here. But I do not really go to boutiques or shoe stores. I always check out the record bars. Music 1 and Tower Records to be exact. Ok. Up with story. I dropped by these stores again to ask for the Love and Hate album of 7 Shots. Unfortunately, this album was STILL out of stock in both stores, even in the other not so known music stores. I thought I would be singing Tonight Your Mine (the carrier single off that album) already. But that night, was not yet mine.

I grabbed a new M.Y.M.P. cd instead. Good thing, I made the right decision. This group has two new albums out. The one I've got is entitled, Versions. With twelve tracks in it, obviously it's more than an hour of easy listening music. The songs that I like the most are Say You Love Me and Beauty and Madness ala M.Y.M.P. of course. Actually, it took me awhile to decide what album to take. Should it be this album or the other one? The Company or the new Nyoy Volante album? These thoughts made me think. Then I came to conclusion --- I'm still in love with OPM music. Though some songs of these artists are revivals of foreign acts, I don't care. As long as a Filipino sings it. And the song should sound good, make me stop from what I'm busy with and give me a moment of peace. Nakanam.

Yes. I have a list of OPM albums to purchase within the year... OPM rocks. And OPM kicks ass.

******************

Halleluia! At last, I killed that damn rat in our house. It usually goes in, then goes out of our house. I think it's at least five inches in lenght. Almost every night, I chase Mr. Rat with my slippers and old taco stick (the one used in playing billiards). But last night, man, it was good to see him, Mr. Rat, lie on the floor grasping for air. He has the opportunity to keep himself safe. I tried to hit him the first time when I was eating. I was watching something on tv that's why I ate in our living room. He came in and it threw my slipper on him. But he escaped. I was eating with my right hand so I have to use my clean hand which is my left. Unfortunately, my left hand was the one hurt, not the rat. I splatter my hand on the floor. Araykup! Now my index finger is swollen. Huhu!

But a few minutes later, Mr. Rat came back. I tried to hit him again. But I missed. Threw my slipper again and blagagg! He made a sound like he was hurt. Probably he panicked because he didn't know where to go. He went under the tv stand. I thought that was already his escape. Know what? He came out again. Surely, he was dizzy because of my slam. On my third and my last smash, he was almost breathless lying beside the cabinet. Then, I hurriedly took a dust pan and broom. I swept him. Put him inside a plastic bag and included some torn newspapers. What are the papers for? Of course, I made an offering, a sacrificial rat for the duwendes (dwarves) at our backyard. Joke. I set the rat on fire to be sure he's already dead. As in d-e-a-d.

Now, I will not have any chasing moments at night. But wait. Can somebody kiss my index finger to lessen or even remove it's aching? Hihi!

******************

I had these pictures scanned yesterday afternoon.


family pix

Seated: (L-R) me and mom; Standing: (L-R) Pot, Trina and Ted.

Taken last Dec 2002 for my brother's family picture entry on his high school yearbook. Funny thing was my mom asked us all to smile because the last time we had a family picture taken, we all looked so serious. But look at our picture. She was the one who's not smiling. According to her, she was pissed by the lousy photographer.


family pic

Taken last Jan 30, 2005 - Sunday. Also, this is for the yearbook of my youngest brother. When we were still waiting for our turn to have our photo taken, my sister told my mom that we forgot to bring my father's picture. My father's already nine years in heaven so it's obvious that he could not join us. My mom told my sister that it's ok. And besides, my dad's picture was a bit heavy. And we still have to go to my lolo's birthday. So, it would be inconvinient if we have it. My brother, Neil, jokingly said, "Naka-move on na kaya di na dala yung picture ni daddy."


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 8:14 AM