Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Thursday, November 11, 2004

4 = 2 + 6 + 8 - 2


A new mathematical equation? Not.

I could not remember if that's how it was exactly written. But I'm sure it's not just another additon nor subtraction or both.

Whenever I pass by the Cloverleaf Interchange, the area near Camachile and Boni Ave, I get to see this inscription on the wall of a park just right next to the bridge. Quite a number of "illegal settlers" inhabiting the place, if I may add.

Have the kids used the wall as their blackboard whenever they pretend to be real life teachers and students? Or they just posted their kind of math to tell everyone what we're missing?

When I first saw that, there were a few things that crossed my mind:

1 + 1 = magellan
2 + 2 = lapu lapu
one hood + one hood = two hood (tuhod)
one big + one big = two big (tubig)

..old jokes that I used when I was still a kid.. but still using once in awhile.

That was my lighter side. But when my mind works, as in muni-muni, a simple blue crayon on a red-painted fence could mean a thing or two. Vandalism? Sure. Poverty? Perhaps. Responsibility? Depends.

How sad.

In this time and age, I know most of us could still count our change from our friendly neighborhood mamang sorbetero; check the calendar and count the monthly cycle of a woman; look at the stars and count which one already granted our wishes; bow our heads and pray as we count our blesssings.. Let me check if I could do my math...

ikaw at ako equals tayo.. hmmm, not bad.




posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 1:32 PM