Accdg. to a certain website, this was my pastlife...think about this, "Life may not be the party we hoped for. But while we're here, we might as well dance." So, shall we?
Unstable Dancer
Layout by goldi
Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Dinner at Gerry's Grill, Tomas Morato; Oct 30, 2004

This is a little overdue. But I know I have to write something about this nightout anyway. So, read on.

It was a Saturday when my college freinds and I decided to meet up for a dinner. I was the one who suggested the date. One of my good buddies, Ronald, mentioned a few restaurants along the Morato area where our group could eat. He mentioned Gerry's and I instantly told him that would be the place. We decided to meet up at 9 pm.

Our original plan was to go to Batangas since it was the semestral break of almost all of my friends. Most of them are back in school taking up medicine, graduate studies and a second degree, by the way. Since my schedule would not fit any out-of-town adventure, I just asked them to meet up at night time then get our stomach full.

I met up with Joms, together with his girlfriend Dyna, at the activity center of Glorietta mall. Taking the MRT would be the fastest solution so we could get there on time since it was almost 9 pm and we were still inside the mall. Took a taxi later after we left the Quezon Ave station. Kookai, accompanied by his current boyfriend Jason, was seated beside Ronald. Ronald came second after the couple. We exchanged hi's and hello's.. shared some laughter.. asked who's still coming..

The six of us agreed to fix our orders first. Then just add some more when others arrive. I remember mine was a green mango shake, kinilaw na tanigue with liempo, chopsuey. Joms tried seafood rice, adobong seafood rice and baked tahong. Kookai chose sinigang and inihaw na pusit. It was garlic fried chicken for Ronald. All came in generous servings.

Afterwards, Jason, Chiela, JC and Otep arrived. It was drizzling that time. They thought they were still waiting for John, who by the way, wasn't able to make it because of fever. Ok, blame it on John. He was the one who asked me to convince everyone. Then, according to him, he got sick.

..more laughter ..more stories ..pictures this time.

We had additional orders to suit our tastes buds. I just couldn't recall what we had after the rest arrived.

To a videoke bar, we headed. We were supposed to sing our hearts out at Music 21. But the place couldn't occupy additional hotties that time. haha. We just crossed the street and we landed to this not-so-good place. Mmm, how did JC dicovered that videoke bar? We took a pitcher of margarita since we got ladies in the house. Ronald sang "Stay The Same" . Dyna belted a love song nicely while JC rocked the house with "Unwell" . Ok. I was a bit exaggerating. It was a good thing, though that Kookai and his beau decided not stay. I just didn't like the place. Plus I mistakenly thought that the waitress was a he. She was supposed to be a creepy vampire because the theme of the bar was halloween. Oh, did I mention that the music was irritating to the ear. I don't want to go back to that place.


Alright, enough of the ranting.

Jason was so nice to take me, Joms and Dyna to our respective bus and fx terminals. He was suppose to drive Chiela home first. I reached home past 2 am.

My college friends. I just can't describe how much they mean to me. I was just so, so happy that night. After a year, there we were celebrating friendship. We now have different goals, ambitons and "life" so to speak.

But it's the bond that make us stick with each other. Whenever we have time, we never fail to cheer each other up. Too bad we're done as classmates. I miss everyone.

Trivia : I cried really hard during our baccalaureatte mass last march 2002. Probably, I was sad to leave school and my classmates and friends.

But there's always next time. So, watch out.




Ronald, Arnold, Kookai, Jason, Dyna, Joms, Chiela and Jason




Now with JC and Otep



Arnold and Kookai.. bend your head to the right for a better view



teka lang a.. nasabi ko ba na ito ang kauna-unahan kong gimik sa morato?


posted by Arn everybody's gone kung fu fightin at 2:54 PM